Welcome to Wildcare Inc in Darwin
Wildcare Inc NT is a non-profit wildlife care and rescue organisation in Darwin, Northern Territory Australia, which provides a support network for carers of sick, injured and orphaned wildlife.
The primary objective is to rehabilitate and release these animals back into their natural habitat and to raise community awareness concerning the care and conservation of native animals.
FOR INJURED WILDLIFE CALL (between 7am-8pm):
08 89 886 121 or
0408 885 341
If you find an orphaned, sick or injured animal and you can't drop it off to a vet clinic and an experienced carer cannot collect it straight away, you can follow these guidelines for short periods.
- It is important to keep the injured animal in a warm, dark, quiet place away from pets or noise.
- Most animals can be safely picked up by first throwing a large towel over them. Keep domestic animals and children away from these animals as they will be extremely stressed.
- Marsupials cannot tolerate the lactose in cows' milk so it should not be offered to them.
- If you injure an animal check to see if it is still alive. If so cover to keep warm and get help. Check the pouch for young. If young are still attached to a nipple, DO NOT detach. Keep mother and young together and call Wildcare. Removing dead animals from the side of the road prevents more animal injuries, but please take care.
Emergency First Aid
Knowing what to do can make all the difference. It is important to keep the injured animal in a warm, dark, quiet place away from pets. Most animals can be safely picked up by first throwing a large towel over them. Wildcare NT is supported by several vet clinics in and around Darwin. If you find an injured animal please drop it off during business hours at:
- All Pets Vet Hospital
- Parap Veterinary Hospital
- University Avenue Veterinary Hospital
- Howard Springs Veterinary Clinic
- Paul Arnold Bush Photos
- Litchfield Vets
- Darwin Mobile Vets
- The Ark Animal Hospital
or ring Wildcare NT 89 886 121 between 7am-8pm if you are unable to drop it off.
Support Wildcare Inc
There are many ways to support Wildcare Inc and support our native animals.